François Klein is currently based in Bangladesh within the frame of an exchange program with Pathshala South Asian Media Institute. In 2016 he received an award of excellence by College Photographer of the Year.
François speaks fluently French, German and English, broken Spanish and has increasing Bengali notions.
His work has been published in newspapers and magazines such as Spiegel, Stern, Neue Zürcher Zeitung, L'Obs’, Reporter Ohne Grenzen, Fluter, VSD, Grazia Homme, Zenith and taz.
Prior to study photojournalism and documentary photography at the Hanover University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Germany, François Klein has worked for unexpected jobs i.e. as a photographer, an apprentice train driver, a worker in a wood mill, a hospital, a local newspaper and also as a roady for concerts.
Exhibitions & Awards:
12. 2017: "Identity Denied" Fritt Ord Foundation, Grant to pursue the project, Oslo - Norway
10. 2017: "Identity Denied" exhibited in Drik Gallery, Dhaka - Bangladesh
05. 2017: "Isaya's Dream" exhibited at Kolga Festival, Tbilisi - Georgia
03. 2017: „Croqu's“ exhibited at Transizioni Festival, Bologna - Italy
11. 2016: CPOY College Photographer Of the Year, Award of Excellence, Portfolio Category, Missouri - USA
11. 2016: „Croqu's“ exhibited at Zoom Festival, Saguenay - Canada
08. 2016: „Inner Journey“ exhibited at Festival Off Visa pour l'Image, Perpignan - France
07. 2016: „Inner Journey“ screening at Festival du Journalisme Vivant, Couthures - France
06. 2016: „Inner Journey“ exhibited at Lumix Festival, photography category, Hannover - Germany
06. 2016: „Croqu's“ exhibited at Lumix Festival, multimedia category, Hannover - Germany
06. 2016: „Inner Journey“ exhibited at Les Promenades Photographiques, Vendôme - France
04. 2015: „Photo Storytelling: After Dark“ World Press Photo Workshop, Amsterdam - Netherlands
+880 1776 47 55 10